Homecoming 2017: Details, Prices and Dates
Want the best flowers for Homecomig 2017? Try Miss Daisy's!
Primary Calendar of Events/ Details
- Student Government Association runs all of the events listed below. Please read the information given, and then contact SGA Sponsor Mr. Evan Brengel with any questions ( [email protected])
- Each Day will have an administratively approved dress up theme for our students, and we encourage staff to participate.
- There will be a “Class War/ Competition” that encourages students to participate to benefit their class. This will be run/ managed by the Junior Class, but the details are not yet solidified.
- Students who want to get involved in anything but aren’t sure how should contact an SGA officer or come see Mr. Brengel in 3-203.
Students will vote for their Homecoming Court Nominees in their English Classes on Friday, October 6th. The top nominees will be announced early the next week. Voting will occur from Wednesday October 11th to Wednesday October 18th in conjunction with the sale of Homecoming Dance tickets. Winners will be announced at the Friday night Homecoming football game during the halftime show.
Monday October 16th
Tuesday October 17th
Spirit Day Theme: America Day!
A celebration of America the Beautiful. In a week celebrating school pride, why not extend to our great nation? Dress in red, white and blue and get patriotically creative!
-Currently no planned Homecoming related events
Wednesday October 18th
Spirit Day Theme: Character Day
Pick your favorite characters from popular culture, and dress up for them. Recongnizable movie, book and TV charactes are our favorite! More points will be given for partner groupings- details to follow!
Event: LHS Homecoming 2017 Parade/ In Town Pep Rally Celebration
When: Wednesday, October 18th on Main Street in Downtown Leesburg
Description: Join us and the Leesburg community as we present the annual homecoming parade, filled with floats, fun and everyone’s favorite: free candy! Music and more make up this community favorite. If coming, be sure to wear your Orange and Black! Grades levels will present their floats, the homecoming court will wave majestically, band and ROTC will march beaming with LHS pride- it’s sure to be a great event.
Parade takes place on Main Street in Leesburg from Canal Street to 9th beginning at 6pm.
In a new and exciting tradition, there will be a Pep Rally in Town Square immediately following the conclusion of the parade where we can band together with the town to get excited for Friday night’s Homecoming game.
Anyone who is interested in having their group participate in the parade must contact Homecoming Coordinator Evan Brengel [email protected] . If possible, please wait a week or so as we finalize the entry form.
Thursday October 19th
Spirit Day Theme: Tacky Tourist
Florida is one of the top states for attractions, and that certainly brings in a certainly variety of tourists! Break out your Velcro flip flops, sunscreen for your nose, and Hawaiin shirts as we embrace the tackiest of tacky.
Event: Powderpuff Game
When: Thursday October 19th, Begins at 4:30PM
Description: It’s a flip of the great American favorite, as the boys cheerlead and the girls take to the field for some flag football. Will the senior continue the winning streak they began last year?
-Tickets will be $5. Gates Open at 4:00 P.M.
Friday October 20th
Spirit Day Theme: School Sprit! We want to see a sea of black and orange. Wear your sports uniform, your favorite Leesburg tee shirt, get those bows and face paint out- we can’t wait to see you all the pep rally at the end of the day.
Event: In School Pep Rally
When: Friday, October 20th. Entire School will run on a Wednesday Schedule, and be dismissed to the gymnasium for the Pep Rally.
Description: Details about students involved, and early releases in preparation for the event will follow in the coming weeks.
Event: Homecoming Football Game
When: Friday October 20th
Description: Game- It’s the big game! Come out and support the Football team, and enjoy the crowning of the Homecoming Court, our tiny cheerleaders from the elementary schools- just a great Friday night under the lights!
- Game begins at 7pm. Homecoming Court crowned at halftime in an overly elaborate and enjoyable ceremony.
- Tickets are $5
Saturday October 21st
Event: Homecoming Dance 2017- Rolling in the Deep
When: Saturday, October 21st from 7-11 P.M in the LHS School Gymnasium
Description: The Homecoming 2017 Dance theme is titled “Rolling in the Deep.” It is a night that will take our students under the shimmering blues of the ocean surface. It will be primarily blues, blacks and whites for those interested in matching the decoration scheme.
- Tickets go on sale Wednesday October 11th and will stop selling on Wednesday October 18th, and will be sold near the cafeteria during lunch.
- Ticket Prices : $20 for LHS Students, $30 for Outside Guests with Approved guest form (See Below)
- Outside guests aged 20 or younger will be allowed admission as the guest of an LHS student. They will need to fill out and submit an outside guest form BEFORE the LHS student can purchase their tickets. Forms are availiable with Homecoming Coordinator Mr. Brengel in Room 3-203 or any of the Building Offices. The file for outside guests is also uploaded at the bottom of this page